SteelMeadow’s Lil’Bastard is one great-natured young bull. Halter trained at nine months old, he did not put up much of a fuss.
His dam Sant’Angelo Danica surprised us with this Mother’s Day calf by SteelMeadow’s Oliver, not Valinor of JP Farms, hence the choice of name for the calf. With DNA genotype results in hand, we could not be more pleased as Oliver was the only bull we had from True Grit Aspen, a grand dam of a cow who had her last calf at age nineteen. Lil’Bastard is the only calf sired by Oliver before he went to his new owner.
- PHA non-carrier
- Chondrodysplasia non-carrier
- Black and does not carry red or dun
- Beta casein results are A2N
- DNA Genotyped G5
- LB is horned
Lil’Bastard’s dam Danica is a capable producer for a young cow. Danica consistently raises excellent calves, rebreeds quickly and has an excellent balanced udder with good attachment. LB’s depth and length of body will produce nice beefy calves.
Lil’Bastard is weaned and started on halter training. Sale price of $1,800 includes:
- ADCA Registration and Transfer to the Buyer
- All testing results
- Started on halter training with a new custom Dexter calf halter from Thomas’ Irish Dexters, makers of well-fitting halters for Irish Dexter cattle
- Covexin 8 and deworming as needed
- Trichomoniasis testing as required by law
- CVI from our vet for inter/intrastate transport
If you are interesting in purchasing SteelMeadow’s Lil’Bastard, please complete our Livestock Buyer’s Questionnaire.
Date of Birth: May 10, 2015